About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Hello there !! I'm glad you found my blog :-). I'm Nithya & my very close friends call me Nithu. I started this blog back in 2007, when my daughter Divya was born & I christened it " Divya KuttyzKitchen". I'm blessed with a handsome little guy too. My precious two kept me busy for quite these years, its Feb 2014 and I realized my blog needed some serious uplift, So here I am back to blogging. I use my iPhone for clickin & uploadin the pictures in my blog.I know its needs improvement. Let's just say, I'm just happy the way they are for now & when I do find time, I might improve on it. I also own an Etsy store, where I sell my handmade Soap bars, Cupcake soaps, Body butter, Body scrub, Lip balms & more... I plan on adding a few more Categories to my blog like Kiddie food, Travel, Soap making, Crafts etc..

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ginger Chutney


Ginger Chutney:
INGREDIENTS:
  1. Ginger - 1 inch long (sliced) 3 Nos
  2. Coconut - 1 inch long (sliced) 5 Nos
  3. Channa Dhal - 2 Table spoons
  4. Tamarind - 1/2 inch long
  5. Asafoetida
  6. salt
  7. Red chillies whole - 6
  8. curry leaves - 4
  9. Cilantro - 2 long stems with leaves
  10. water - 1/4 cup

METHOD:

  1. Heat 2 spoons oil in a pan..
  2. Add the channa dhal.
  3. when its golden brown, throw in the ginger and Red chillies.
  4. Saute for a while..Then add Coconut..Saute for a min
  5. Add the rest of the ingredients.
  6. keep sauteing for 2 mins..
  7. Now remove from fire and allow it to cool
  8. Grind them in a mixer..adding water all along while grinding.(1/4 cup water)
  9. Heat 2 spoons oil in a pan..
  10. Add Mustard,when it splutters,add some curry leaves.
  11. Now add the ground mixture..
  12. Cover and cook for a while..
  13. When it comes to the consistency..as in the pic.turn off the stove
  14. Serve with Idlli or Dosai.