- Urad Dhal - 1 Medium cup (Soaked for 1 hr)
- Black pepper - 1 Spoon
- Jeera - 1/4 Spoon
- Onion - 1 small (diced finely)
- Aniseed - 1/4 spoon
- Cilantro - 3 leaves (diced finely ) optional
- Salt - to taste
- Baking powder - 1 pinch
- Rice flour - 1 Spoon
- Grind the urad dhal in a small mixer..Using as little water as possible..
- The batter should be ground well..
- It should not be watery
- Throw in the rest of the ingredients..
- Mix well..
- Allow it to stay for 2 mins
- Heat the Kadai..
- Pour in oil..
- Wet ur hands with water..
- Make a ball with the dough..make a hole in the center..
- Haha..thats how its also called Ootta vada...ulundha vada...
- When the oil is warm enough..drop the dough ..
- When cooked on one side..turn it to the other side..
- Allow it to fry..When its light brown and crispy..remove them ..
- Drain excess oil in a paper towel..
- Serve with coconut or Onion Chutney...
- Sounds tempting rite..
For those who find it hard to make perfect vada..just scoop the dough in a spoon and drop them in oil...After all shape doesn't matter..when it reaches ur mouth...
Now for the Dahi Vada..
- Blend 2 cups of Dahi (curd) in a blender
- Drop the fried vada directly into the blended curd..
- immerse them completly in the curd
- Prick them with the fork..so the curd can ooze out into the vada
- Refridgerate them..
- Before serving..sprinkle..some chilli powder..and Garam Masala..
- Go crazy..also u can sprinkle some Ompodi...
- Stomach is Growling now :0)