- CHENAKILANGU / YAM - 5 (Slit lengthwise) Pressure cook in cooker for 1 whistle..then immedietly release the pressure and throw the yams in a bowl of cold water..
- (if u forget to do this..then start again from step 1..since u dont get a crisp fry..if the yam is overdone)
- Chilli powder - 1.5 spoon
- Garam Masala- 1/4 spoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Spoon
- Salt - taste
- Oil - 5 spoons for Frying
- Once the yams are out of the Cooker..They go rolling into a bowl of cold water
- Remove the skin
- Now add the skinned yams to a huge bowl..now add the chilli powder,garam masala, turmeric powder, salt and mix well..
- Take care not to break the long Yam..
- Leave it in the refridgerator..till the pan is ready
- Heat the pan and add 4 spoons of oil and allow it to become warm..
- When the pan is warm enough..add the yams making sure they dont stick to each other
- Turn the yams over to allow them to be golden brown on each sides..
- Keep pouring 2 spoons of oil in the pan as the pan starts to lose oil..
- Fry it just like how like how u fry a fish...
- 10 Min snack...that goes well with Sambar...Simple still..just curd Rice :)
I've attached a pic of Yam..
The Same recipe can be repeated for Potato, Elephant Yam..also
Just make sure the yam stays in the cooker for just 1 whistle..
If u have any leftover unfried yam..just leave them in the fridge..and it can be fried the next day for a even more crispier and tastier snack...