I Owe this recipe to my friend Meena..who taught me this recipe..The first time i served idlli with onion chutney at my inlwas home..everyone liked it even my hubby's Grandma..She is an awesome Cook..When she asked me an extra serving..i was indeed thrilled...
- Onion - 1 Big (diced)
- Tomato - 1/2 (medium)
- Garlic - 2 flakes (diced)
- Green Chillies - 2 (diced)
- Tamarind - 1 inch long
- chilli powder - 1/2 spoon
- Turmeric - 1/4 spoon
- curry leaves - 1 spoon
- oil - 4 spoons
- salt - to taste..
- Heat the pan..
- Add oil..toss in the onion,add salt..saute for a min
- Add the tomatoes,chillies,garlic,chilli powder,turmeric powder,tamarind.
- Cover and cook..till it softens..
- Transfer the contents to a plate and allow it to cool..
- Grind it to a paste..making sure not to add water to the mixture...
- Transfer chutney to a small bowl..
- Heat a small fry pan..
- Add 2 spoons oil..add mustard..allow it to splutter..
- Add the curry leaves..now add urad dhal..
- Transfer the contents to the ground chutney
- Serve with iddli and dosa...
- Tastes really really good....said everyone....