About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Hello there !! I'm glad you found my blog :-). I'm Nithya & my very close friends call me Nithu. I started this blog back in 2007, when my daughter Divya was born & I christened it " Divya KuttyzKitchen". I'm blessed with a handsome little guy too. My precious two kept me busy for quite these years, its Feb 2014 and I realized my blog needed some serious uplift, So here I am back to blogging. I use my iPhone for clickin & uploadin the pictures in my blog.I know its needs improvement. Let's just say, I'm just happy the way they are for now & when I do find time, I might improve on it. I also own an Etsy store, where I sell my handmade Soap bars, Cupcake soaps, Body butter, Body scrub, Lip balms & more... I plan on adding a few more Categories to my blog like Kiddie food, Travel, Soap making, Crafts etc..

Friday, May 23, 2008

SPICY ONION CHUTNEY





ONION CHUTNEY


I Owe this recipe to my friend Meena..who taught me this recipe..The first time i served idlli with onion chutney at my inlwas home..everyone liked it even my hubby's Grandma..She is an awesome Cook..When she asked me an extra serving..i was indeed thrilled...


INGREDIENTS:


  1. Onion - 1 Big (diced)


  2. Tomato - 1/2 (medium)


  3. Garlic - 2 flakes (diced)


  4. Green Chillies - 2 (diced)


  5. Tamarind - 1 inch long


  6. chilli powder - 1/2 spoon


  7. Turmeric - 1/4 spoon


  8. Mustard


  9. curry leaves - 1 spoon


  10. oil - 4 spoons


  11. salt - to taste..

METHOD:


  1. Heat the pan..


  2. Add oil..toss in the onion,add salt..saute for a min


  3. Add the tomatoes,chillies,garlic,chilli powder,turmeric powder,tamarind.


  4. Cover and cook..till it softens..


  5. Transfer the contents to a plate and allow it to cool..


  6. Grind it to a paste..making sure not to add water to the mixture...


  7. Transfer chutney to a small bowl..


  8. Heat a small fry pan..


  9. Add 2 spoons oil..add mustard..allow it to splutter..


  10. Add the curry leaves..now add urad dhal..


  11. Transfer the contents to the ground chutney


  12. Serve with iddli and dosa...


  13. Tastes really really good....said everyone....