About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Hello there !! I'm glad you found my blog :-). I'm Nithya & my very close friends call me Nithu. I started this blog back in 2007, when my daughter Divya was born & I christened it " Divya KuttyzKitchen". I'm blessed with a handsome little guy too. My precious two kept me busy for quite these years, its Feb 2014 and I realized my blog needed some serious uplift, So here I am back to blogging. I use my iPhone for clickin & uploadin the pictures in my blog.I know its needs improvement. Let's just say, I'm just happy the way they are for now & when I do find time, I might improve on it. I also own an Etsy store, where I sell my handmade Soap bars, Cupcake soaps, Body butter, Body scrub, Lip balms & more... I plan on adding a few more Categories to my blog like Kiddie food, Travel, Soap making, Crafts etc..

Monday, April 14, 2008

PEPPER RASAM










INGREDIENTS:





  1. Tamarind - 1 Lemon Size

  2. Tomato - 1/2 crushed well in a cup of water (medium)

  3. pepper- 1 spoon

  4. Jeera - 1 1/2 Spoon

  5. Garlic - 3 pods

  6. Whole red chillies - 3

  7. Green chillies - 3

  8. Hing - a pinch

  9. Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Spoon

  10. Mustard

  11. Salt

  12. Curry Leaves

  13. Corriander leaves - a bunch diced well

METHOD:



  1. Squeeze out the juice from the tamarind..Discard tamarind Skin .

  2. Crush the tomatoes well in a cup of water mix it with the tamarind juice.

  3. In the mixer grind pepper,jeera,red chilli,green chilli,Garlic Coarsely add them to the tamarind and tomato juice.

  4. Heat the pan add 2 spoons of oil,when warm add mustard..when it splutters add curry leaves

  5. Now pour the juice prepared above into the pan and turn the stove to sim..(very imp)

  6. Add turmeric powder and hing and allow it to make some yellowish foam

  7. When the Foam starts forming ..switch it off..Never allow Rasam to boil..it becomes less tasty..

  8. Garnish with corriander leaves and serve hot..

No comments: