Back Home..my mom used to make me 5 min Paniyaram, just mixing All purpose flour with sugar , egg and Rava..fried in oil...Voila !!! ..the paniyaram landed in my plate..It didnt even need a paniyaram pan.. But things were entirely different in my inlaws place..even a 5 min paniyaram would take overnight with a lot of effort ..Truely the rewards are amazing and the Paniyaram, simply delicious and i just can't stop with half a dozen...
- Idlli Rice - 1 Cup
- Para Boiled Rice - 1 cup
- Urad Dhal - 1/2 Cup
- Toor Dhal - 4 Spoons
- Salt - little bit..to enhace the sweetness
- Jaggery - 1 Cup
- Methi Seeds - 1/4 Spoon
- Soak Idlli Rice, Paraboiled Rice,Urad dhal,Toor Dhal, Methi Seeds with sufficient water for 4-5 hrs.
- Grind Idlli Rice, Paraboiled Rice,Urad dhal,Toor Dhal, Methi Seeds in a Grinder..Making sure not to add much water ..
- Allow it to ferment for 12 hrs..
- Make a sauce of Jaggery by boiling Jaggery and a cup of water for 20 mins..till its concentrated
- Mix jaggery Sauce with the batter to make it to a thin consistency (similar to dosa batter)
- Heat the Panniyaram pan..Drizzle some oil in the holes
- Now pour the batter in the holes of the pan
- When its done..turn it over
- When done...Remove from pan and Serve