- Blue Crab - 1 Pound
- Onion - 1 big (diced)
- Tomato - 1 big (diced)
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 Spoon
- Green chillies - 2
- curd - 4 Spoons
- Chicken / Veg broth - 1/2 Glass
- Chilli powder - 1 Spoon
- Corriander Powder - 1 Spoon
- Pepper Powder - 1 Spoon
- Turmeric - 1/4 Spoon
- Garam Masala - 1/4 Spoon
- Curry Leaf - 4 Leaves
- Shredded Coconut - 3 spoons
- Almonds- 4 (soaked in warm water for 30 mins) Else just..plain almonds fine
- Khus Khus - 1 Spoon
- Aniseed - 1/2 Spoon
- Salt - to taste
- Lemon - 1/2
- Coarsely grind the Onion..(just 1 Round...)
- Coarse grind the Tomato with the curry Leaf and green chillies)
- Heat oil in a pan..
- Throw in Some Mustard..
- When it splutters..add the onion..Saute for a minute..
- Throw in some Salt and continue sauteing ..till it changes color..
- Now..Throw in the ginger garlic paste..Keep mixing with a spatula..
- Now throw in the coarsely ground Tomato..
- Add all the spices..
Chilli powder - 1 Spoon
Corriander Powder - 1 Spoon
Pepper Powder - 1 Spoon
Turmeric - 1/4 Spoon
Garam Masala - 1/4 Spoon and continue to saute..
- Add curd..Mix well..
- Cover and cook for a minute..while we prepare the blue guy..(Crab)
- Give him a nice bath with water and turmeric..that should control his stench..
- Then Drop him ,nice and slow into the pan and let him mix well with the spices..
- Cover and cook..Throw in the broth..Allow it to Simmer..
- Meanwhile Grind coconut,aniseed,Almonds and khus khus finely ..
- When the crab is cooked for about 5-7 mins..add the ground coconut mixture ..
- Cover and cook till its done..
- Squeeze half a lemon to get the Tangy Taste..
- If making it dry..Avoid chicken broth..Check for the required consistency..