poori's are my Favourites..Considering the fact..u knead the dough hard to make the perfect puris and knead the dough soft to make soft chapathis..
POTATO MASALA/ POORI KILANGU
- Potato - 3 big (boiled in cooker and smashed well)
- Onion - 1 big (slit lengthwise..look at picture)
- Ginger garlic - diced finely.. 2 spoons
- Green chillies - 3 diced lengthwise
- Channa Dhal - 4 spoons
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Spoon
- Mustard - 1/4 spoon
- Curry leaves - 1 spoon
- Gram flour - 1 spoon(mix it in 1/4 water )
- Salt - to taste
- oil - 5 spoons
- Heat the pan
- Warm the oil..
- Add mustard..when it splutters..add curry leaves
- Add onion..throw in some salt..and saute for a minute..till it softens..
- Now add ginger garlic and saute for a minute..
- Toss in the green chillies..
- Add the turmeric powder..
- Now add the smashed potatoes..
- Pour the gram flour water..
- Cover and cook..till the gravy thickens..
- Tastes just like the ones made in hotels...
- JUST YUMMO...ooooooo