What Could be more annoying than accidentaly Chew on a Cardamom??.....To avoid Chewing on Patta, Cardamom..while enjoying the Feast,I Grind the Whole Spices(Patta, Cardamom,Elachi,Javithri,Bay Leaves,Mint,Corrinader leaves) to a Paste...That way i Don't miss out on the Flavour and Aaroma from the whole Spices...
- Mutton - 1/2 Pound
- Meat tenderiser - 1 spoon
- Basmati Rice - 1 small cup (Soaked for 1/2 hr)
- Onions - 1 (Medium)
- Tomato - 1 (small & Ripe)
- Green Chillies- 4
- Whole Spices - Patta, Cardamom,Elachi,Javitri,Bay Leaves - 1 0r 2 Each
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1.5 spoons
- Mint leaves - a bunch
- Corrinader leaves - a bunch
- Chilli Powder - 1 Spoon
- Dhania - 1/2 Spoon
- Turmeric - 1/4 Spoon
- Curd - 1/2 Cup (Blend in a Mixer)
- Coconut milk - 1 (grind 1/2 cup coconut,cashew or almonds -4 and Kasa Kasa - 1 spoon) Grind them well and extract 1 cup milk..
- Oil - 5 Spoons
- Ghee - 4 spoons
Wash the mutton well with turmeic..then pierce it with a fork and add the meat tenderiser and allow it to soften for 5 - 10 mins..
- Grind the Onions Coarsely
- Grind the tomatoes
- Grind Green Chillies, Whole Spices - Patta, Cardamom,Elachi,Javitri,Bay Leaves , Ginger Garlic Paste ,Mint leaves ,Corrinader leaves,Chilli Powder,Dhania ,Turmeric .with little water..
- Heat a wide mouthed Pan ..and heat the oil and ghee.
- Add 2-3 Bay leaves
- Now add the ground onion and fry..add some salt,fry for a moment..now add the ground tomato..
- When cooked, add the spice mixture and saute for a few mins till oil oozes out..
- Now add the mutton pieces..cover and cook for a few mins
- Now drain the water from the rice and add the rice to the meat and saute for a minute
- Add the coconut milk and curd
- Cover and cook for 10 mins..with a thin laddle..mix the rice..making sure not to break the rice grains..
- When rice is done allow to cook in slow flame for 5 mins
- Allow it to sttle for 15 mins..then Serve...
- Tastes great with Raitha..