About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Hello there !! I'm glad you found my blog :-). I'm Nithya & my very close friends call me Nithu. I started this blog back in 2007, when my daughter Divya was born & I christened it " Divya KuttyzKitchen". I'm blessed with a handsome little guy too. My precious two kept me busy for quite these years, its Feb 2014 and I realized my blog needed some serious uplift, So here I am back to blogging. I use my iPhone for clickin & uploadin the pictures in my blog.I know its needs improvement. Let's just say, I'm just happy the way they are for now & when I do find time, I might improve on it. I also own an Etsy store, where I sell my handmade Soap bars, Cupcake soaps, Body butter, Body scrub, Lip balms & more... I plan on adding a few more Categories to my blog like Kiddie food, Travel, Soap making, Crafts etc..

Saturday, April 26, 2008

MUTTON BIRYANI





MUTTON BIRYANI

What Could be more annoying than accidentaly Chew on a Cardamom??.....To avoid Chewing on Patta, Cardamom..while enjoying the Feast,I Grind the Whole Spices(Patta, Cardamom,Elachi,Javithri,Bay Leaves,Mint,Corrinader leaves) to a Paste...That way i Don't miss out on the Flavour and Aaroma from the whole Spices...


INGREDIENTS:
  1. Mutton - 1/2 Pound

  2. Meat tenderiser - 1 spoon

  3. Basmati Rice - 1 small cup (Soaked for 1/2 hr)

  4. Onions - 1 (Medium)

  5. Tomato - 1 (small & Ripe)

  6. Green Chillies- 4

  7. Whole Spices - Patta, Cardamom,Elachi,Javitri,Bay Leaves - 1 0r 2 Each

  8. Ginger Garlic Paste - 1.5 spoons

  9. Mint leaves - a bunch

  10. Corrinader leaves - a bunch

  11. Chilli Powder - 1 Spoon

  12. Dhania - 1/2 Spoon

  13. Turmeric - 1/4 Spoon

  14. Curd - 1/2 Cup (Blend in a Mixer)

  15. Coconut milk - 1 (grind 1/2 cup coconut,cashew or almonds -4 and Kasa Kasa - 1 spoon) Grind them well and extract 1 cup milk..

  16. Oil - 5 Spoons

  17. Ghee - 4 spoons
Note:

Wash the mutton well with turmeic..then pierce it with a fork and add the meat tenderiser and allow it to soften for 5 - 10 mins..


METHOD:


  1. Grind the Onions Coarsely

  2. Grind the tomatoes

  3. Grind Green Chillies, Whole Spices - Patta, Cardamom,Elachi,Javitri,Bay Leaves , Ginger Garlic Paste ,Mint leaves ,Corrinader leaves,Chilli Powder,Dhania ,Turmeric .with little water..

  4. Heat a wide mouthed Pan ..and heat the oil and ghee.

  5. Add 2-3 Bay leaves

  6. Now add the ground onion and fry..add some salt,fry for a moment..now add the ground tomato..

  7. When cooked, add the spice mixture and saute for a few mins till oil oozes out..

  8. Now add the mutton pieces..cover and cook for a few mins

  9. Now drain the water from the rice and add the rice to the meat and saute for a minute

  10. Add the coconut milk and curd

  11. Cover and cook for 10 mins..with a thin laddle..mix the rice..making sure not to break the rice grains..

  12. When rice is done allow to cook in slow flame for 5 mins

  13. Allow it to sttle for 15 mins..then Serve...

  14. Tastes great with Raitha..

No comments: