CHETTINAD CHICKEN GRAVY
I learnt this from my 2nd Co -sis...She makes a dry version of this .. i tried it ,the gravy version and still it tasted good...
- Chicken - white meat (boneless chicken breast) others fine too..- 1/2 pound...(diced into med sized pieces)
- Onion - 1 Medium (diced)
- Tomato - 1 medium (diced)
- Black pepper - 1.5 spoon
- Chilli Powder - 1 spoon
- Jeera - 1 spoon
- Dhania/Corriander seeds - 1 spoon
- Whole Spices (Cinnamon,star Anis,Clove)- 1 spoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 Spoon
- Curry leaves - 2 Spoons
- Channa Dhal - 1/2 spoon
- Urad dhal - 1/2 spoon
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 8 spoons
- Dry roast Sea algae,pepper,jeera,corriander seeds,channa dhal,urad dhal,and all whole spices,curry leaves..and grind them into a powder..
- Heat the pan
- Pour oil...Add onion and saute them for a while
- Sprinkle some salt
- Toss in Ginger Garlic paste and saute till the raw smell disappears
- Now add the diced tomato..
- Cover and cook..till the mixture softens and takes the appearance of a gravy.
- Now add the powdered ingredients..saute for a minute
- Now add the washed chicken and sprinkle a handfull of water..
- Cover and cook..till the gravy thickens..
- Turn off the stove and allow the pan to stay in the stove...
- This makes the oil ooze out making the dish more appealing..
- Transfer the contents to a bowl..
- Toss in some diced cilantro