- Basmati Rice - 1 Cup (Soaked as u start preparing the dish for around 15-30 mins)
- Onion - 1/2 Medium (diced finely)
- Tomato puree - 1 Spoon
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1.5 Spoons.
- Cream - 1 Spoon
- Potato - 1 small (skin peeled and diced into bite sized Pieces)
- Carrot - 1 (Skin peeled and diced into circles..again Bite sized)
- Peas , corn - 1/4 Cup
- Cauliflower - Seperate into huge Florets..
- Mushroom - 2 ( Diced into big chunks)
- Green chillies - 4 Slit lengthwise
- Mint Leaves - 1 bunch Diced well
- Corriander Leaves - Handful ..Diced Finely
- Veg Stock - 1 glass
- Water - 1/2 glass ( Proportion for 1 cup rice = 1.5 glass of water)
- Whole Spices- Patta, Cardamom,Elachi,Javitri,Bay Leaves - 1 Each
- Chilli Powder - 1 Spoon
- Corriander Powder - 1 Spoon
- Turmeric - 1/4 Spoon
- Salt- to taste
- Ghee - 1 spoon
- Oil - 3 Spoons
- Heat the Pan..add Ghee and Oil..
- When warm ...addthe whole Spices..make sure its not burnt..
- Immediatly add the Onion,throw in some salt and saute for a minute..
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell diminishes..
- Now add the tomato puree..if its not available..just coarsely ground tomatoes just work perfect..
- Now add the Vegetables..Saute well..Add the green chillies, mint and corriander leaves..Saute well..
- Throw in all the spices..
Chilli Powder - 1 Spoon
Corriander Powder - 1 Spoon
Turmeric - 1/4 Spoon
- Mix the vegetables well with the spices..so they can coat them well..
- Now add the cream..mix well..
- Throw in the stock..and also 1/2 glass of water..
- Throw in some salt..
- Add the rice..
- Mix well and cover and cook..in medium flame till the veg and rice absorb the water..
- Then reduce the flame further and allow it to cook and set well..
- When rice is fluffy..switch off the stove and let it set well..
- Just mix the rice..just before serving..
- Serve with Raitha and Navarathna Kurma..
Always allow the rice to soak in water for 30 mins..This makes the rice not to stick ..it looks long and thin..yet its well cooked..
Dont mix the rice too often..thereby breaking the long beautiful grains..Just mix once when the stock is poured in..
Proportion for 1 cup rice = 1.5 glass of water..When u feel its too dry..u can sprinkle a handful.of water....that way u dont overcook ur rice..
Here we used 1 glass of stock, and half glass of water..