About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Hello there !! I'm glad you found my blog :-). I'm Nithya & my very close friends call me Nithu. I started this blog back in 2007, when my daughter Divya was born & I christened it " Divya KuttyzKitchen". I'm blessed with a handsome little guy too. My precious two kept me busy for quite these years, its Feb 2014 and I realized my blog needed some serious uplift, So here I am back to blogging. I use my iPhone for clickin & uploadin the pictures in my blog.I know its needs improvement. Let's just say, I'm just happy the way they are for now & when I do find time, I might improve on it. I also own an Etsy store, where I sell my handmade Soap bars, Cupcake soaps, Body butter, Body scrub, Lip balms & more... I plan on adding a few more Categories to my blog like Kiddie food, Travel, Soap making, Crafts etc..

Friday, July 18, 2008

EGG / MUTTAI CURRY KULAMBU


INGREDIENTS:


  1. Eggs - 2 (for 2 persons) Boiled & Shell Removed

  2. Onion - 1 Small

  3. Methi seeds (vendhiyam) - 1/4 tspoon

  4. Green Chillies - 2 (slit lengthwise)

  5. Patta ,Elachi, cardamom (whole spices)-1 each

  6. Ginger garlic paste - 1 spoon

  7. Chilli powder - 1/2 spoon

  8. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tSpoon

  9. Corriander powder - spoon

  10. Coconut - 1/4 cup shredded

  11. Red whole chilli - 1

  12. Khus Khus - 2 spoons

  13. Almond - 2 (optional)

  14. Olive oil - 4 Spoons

  15. salt - to taste

  16. Curry Leaves - 4

  17. Corriander - Finely chopped for Garnishing

METHOD:


  1. Heat oil in a pan

  2. When warm add methi seeds,curry leaves.

  3. When brown, add the onions,Green chillies saute for a minute

  4. Sprinkle salt , toss in the ginger garlic paste , saute for a minute and allow onion to soften

  5. Now grind Whole spices,Coconut, red chilli,khus khus, almond in a mixture

  6. Pour in little water amd grind it..till its a soft paste..(no coarse grinding)

  7. Now pour just half of the ground mixture into the pan and stir for a few mins

  8. If u need more gravy, then add some more of the ground mixture..

  9. Now throw in the chilli powder, corriander powder, turmeric powder..

  10. Keep stirring till it forms a nice gravy..

  11. Now add some 1/2 cup water and stir it nicely...

  12. Make slits on the eggs and drop them into the gravy..

  13. Cover and cook in Medium flame till it looks simply irresistible..

  14. Yummo...

Note:


Olive oil..doesn't clog ur arteries..so use them lavishly...They make ur skin glowing...


First decide the color of the gravy...If u want the gravy to be red in color..Dont grind the green chillies(just slit the green chillies and throw them in the gravy)..as grinding green and red chillies..give the curry a mixed color..


If u want the curry to be green..avoid grinding red chillies and also adding too much of red chilli powder..,,For the green color grind green chillies and corriander leaves..which gives the gravy a pleasant green color...


Simple trick Rite !!! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow!! yummy dishes:) wish u were here makin these things 4 me! LoL!

Anonymous said...

Good post. I learn something new and challenging on blogs I
stumbleupon every day. It will always be exciting to read articles from other authors and practice
a little something from their web sites.

Also visit my homepage; vaping shop