- Eggs - 2 (for 2 persons) Boiled & Shell Removed
- Onion - 1 Small
- Methi seeds (vendhiyam) - 1/4 tspoon
- Green Chillies - 2 (slit lengthwise)
- Patta ,Elachi, cardamom (whole spices)-1 each
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 spoon
- Chilli powder - 1/2 spoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tSpoon
- Corriander powder - spoon
- Coconut - 1/4 cup shredded
- Red whole chilli - 1
- Khus Khus - 2 spoons
- Almond - 2 (optional)
- Olive oil - 4 Spoons
- salt - to taste
- Curry Leaves - 4
- Corriander - Finely chopped for Garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan
- When warm add methi seeds,curry leaves.
- When brown, add the onions,Green chillies saute for a minute
- Sprinkle salt , toss in the ginger garlic paste , saute for a minute and allow onion to soften
- Now grind Whole spices,Coconut, red chilli,khus khus, almond in a mixture
- Pour in little water amd grind it..till its a soft paste..(no coarse grinding)
- Now pour just half of the ground mixture into the pan and stir for a few mins
- If u need more gravy, then add some more of the ground mixture..
- Now throw in the chilli powder, corriander powder, turmeric powder..
- Keep stirring till it forms a nice gravy..
- Now add some 1/2 cup water and stir it nicely...
- Make slits on the eggs and drop them into the gravy..
- Cover and cook in Medium flame till it looks simply irresistible..
Olive oil..doesn't clog ur arteries..so use them lavishly...They make ur skin glowing...
First decide the color of the gravy...If u want the gravy to be red in color..Dont grind the green chillies(just slit the green chillies and throw them in the gravy)..as grinding green and red chillies..give the curry a mixed color..
If u want the curry to be green..avoid grinding red chillies and also adding too much of red chilli powder..,,For the green color grind green chillies and corriander leaves..which gives the gravy a pleasant green color...
Simple trick Rite !!! :)