About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Hello there !! I'm glad you found my blog :-). I'm Nithya & my very close friends call me Nithu. I started this blog back in 2007, when my daughter Divya was born & I christened it " Divya KuttyzKitchen". I'm blessed with a handsome little guy too. My precious two kept me busy for quite these years, its Feb 2014 and I realized my blog needed some serious uplift, So here I am back to blogging. I use my iPhone for clickin & uploadin the pictures in my blog.I know its needs improvement. Let's just say, I'm just happy the way they are for now & when I do find time, I might improve on it. I also own an Etsy store, where I sell my handmade Soap bars, Cupcake soaps, Body butter, Body scrub, Lip balms & more... I plan on adding a few more Categories to my blog like Kiddie food, Travel, Soap making, Crafts etc..

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

FRIED RICE






INGREDIENTS:


  1. Basmati Rice - 1 Cup


  2. Mixed Vegetable - 1 cup (Peas ,Corn,Carrot - slit lengthwise,Lettuce Shredded,Green Chilli - slit Lengthwise,Beans - diced finely,Capsicum- Slit Lengthwise)


  3. Onion - 1/4


  4. Pepper Powder - 1 Spoon


  5. Red Whole Chilli - Coarsely Ground


  6. Soy Sauce - 1 Spoon


  7. Chilli Garlic Sauce - 1 Spoon


  8. Spring Onion - Finely Diced..


  9. Egg - 2


  10. Salt - to Taste


  11. Oil - 4-5 Spoons

METHOD:



  1. Cook Rice with Enough water and drain excess water when 75% cooked


  2. Spread Cooked rice in a Tray..Drizzle few drops of oil and allow it to cool in the fridge.


  3. Cook the vegetables in microwave till 75% done except cabbage..


  4. Heat a wide mouthed pan/ Wok and pour oil..Crack the egg in a bowl..Add 1 spoon soy sauce and stir well to allow it to mix well with the sauce. add in with the oil and keep scrambling them to avoid them sticking together..The more the oil..the more tastier..


  5. Don't cook the eggs fully..now move them to the side of the wok..Add the Boiled Vegetables and stir them ..


  6. Add Soy,Hot Sauce and now add the Cooled rice..


  7. Keep Stirring making sure not to break the rice grains..


  8. Now when the rice is done..add the chilli garlic sauce...and cabbage..


  9. Now add the pepper powder and coarsely ground red whole chilli..


  10. Garnish with Spring Onions..


  11. It goes well with Chilli Gobi or Gobi Manchurian..

No comments: